Nursery Admissions and Outreach
Children are referred to our Nursery by Pre School Forum.
A child needs a ‘pre school notification’ to be known to Pre-School Forum. A speech & language therapist, a paediatrician, or a Nursery setting can complete this for your child.
The sessions have to be agreed by the Pre-School Forum and they are funded by the local authority. Sessions with us will use a child’s universal hours, any remaining hours can be used at another Nursery. It’s not possible to pay for sessions at our Nursery privately.
Generally children access 3 sessions at our Nursery (alongside attending their mainstream Nursery).
Please click on the diagram below for more information on the admissions process.
You can find out more about Pre-School Forum here Pre-school forums | Pre-school forums | Worcestershire County Council
Sometimes Pre-School Forum refers a child to Vale of Evesham School Outreach. This is a service provided by Vale of Evesham School Nursery Assessment Class on behalf of Pre-school Forum, working with Worcestershire Children’s First (SEND local offer)
The Outreach Support has close links with other agencies including:
- Health professionals working within the local authority
- Worcestershire Children First Inclusion team and Area SENCos
- Speech and Language therapists
- Early Years practitioners working within nurseries across Wychavon
Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School Nursery is Kelly Pearce. Kelly also co-ordinates Vale of Evesham School Outreach.
- Kelly Pearce (Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School) – firstname.lastname@example.org · Sara Agg (Lead Outreach Practitioner) – email@example.com
The outreach team provides a range of support over a six-to-eight-week period either visiting the mainstream setting weekly, either in person or via zoom at an agreed time, when the child is attending nursery. They work alongside the key worker offering:
- Support with target setting, next steps, strategies and planning to support the referred learner within their setting.
- Model best practice and appropriate strategies for a range of children with SEND within their mainstream setting.
- Liaise closely with a variety of professionals, including speech and language therapists, head teachers, schools SENDCo’s, Nursery staff and attend team around the child meetings.
- Feedback and meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and next steps.
- Liaise with the pre-school forum on progress made by referred children.
- Deliver any appropriate training to the mainstream setting’s staff.
- Signpost and support mainstream setting’s staff to appropriate resources and support.
- Information and support on mainstream school including attending transition meetings in preparation of moving up to school
Kelly – Head of Early Years (on Maternity Leave)
Sara – Nursery Lead and Outreach
Once sessions have been agreed by Pre-School Forum the Nursery team will be in touch with you. We sometimes come and visit you at home to meet your child in an environment where they feel happy, calm and comfortable. At this visit we will talk to you about your child’s needs and how we can best support their transition in to the Nursery.
For all new children starting at our Nursery we invite them and their parent(s) to come and visit our Nursery class. This usually takes place before or after school when the Nursery is quiet. It gives your child a chance to explore the playroom and familiarise themselves with the environment. It also gives the parents & carers another chance to ask us any questions they might have.
We will also share with you the registration forms, information about Tapestry and session times at one of these two visits.