Every young person needs high-quality career guidance to make informed decisions about their future.
The eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Good career guidance is a necessity for delivering technical education reforms and is a vehicle for social justice: those young people without social capital or home support suffer most from poor career guidance.
New Careers Statement Coming Soon!
Gatsby Benchmarks and the vale
Below is the Vale of Evesham destination information for our children and young people for academic year 2022-2023. The school are proud of the achievements our pupils have made. We wish them luck as they move onto their next placement.
|Vale 6th Form||9|
|Vale 6th Form||10|
|Vale 6th Form||1|
Understanding Labour Market Information (LMI) is becoming more and more important as the world changes. Our students need to become aware of where different job roles are needed around the country and what types of jobs may need more people in the future.
Nomis is good website for further Labour Market Information providing key trend data about local areas.
Worcestershire’s Employment and Labour Market Information (LMI)
Information about growth areas and labour markets in Worcestershire, to help young people make informed decisions about their future career paths
Speak to an adviser
Wherever you are with your decisions, you can call us on 0800 100 900 during our opening times.
You can also use webchat to talk online.
Skills4Worcestershire Young People Choices careers and advice magazines and booklets
Taken from WCF Local Offer Careers and Education
- SENDIASS Young Person Advisor
- SENDIASS guidance for young people.
- Skills 4 Worcestershire
- Career guidance for those with SEND, SEMH, and EHCP (Education and Health Care Plan)
- Choices careers and advice magazines and booklets
- Career options support for parents and carers
- Careers Worcs Youth Hub – The Hive (thehiveworcester.org)
Careers Worcs Youth Hub
Careers Worcs’ Youth Hub is open: Monday – Friday, 9am-4pm based on Level 1 in the Hive.
Careers Worcestershire @ The Hive is a dedicated space for young people aged 15-24 to help find the right pathway into employment, training, and education. There are dedicated careers advisors based within the hub that can provide 1-1 support to help you decide and achieve your goals!
You can also attend workshops and access other services within the hub including finance, health & wellbeing, and other youth providers.
What the Youth Hub has to offer:
- Providing one to one advice and guidance sessions
- Supporting you in finding, applying, and securing your next opportunity
- Helping you find an apprenticeship or training programme
- Confidence & resilience
- Personal development
- Career choices
- CV writing
- Job search
- Job applications
- Interview preparation
- Mental health/wellbeing
- Apprenticeships / Training courses / College & University courses
- Work experience / Volunteering
- Start your own business / Graduate jobs
Careers Helpline – 0300 666 3666
Careers Email – email@example.com
Book an appointment – Careers Worcestershire
Search for jobs across the county on Worcestershire Jobs Local jobs, apprenticeships and training | Worcestershire Opportunities (worcestershirejobs.co.uk)
Go to jed.ckcareers.org.uk/
Access code – hm26ydr3
Click Yes to CLPT, then click Job Explorer Database under licensed products.
Sarah Hooton- Careers Lead
Annabel Thomas- Careers Coordinator
You may be aware that Careers Advisors are in demand across the education sector at the moment, with a shortage in people being trained in this area.
We are, therefore, sending information that may help with Careers Advice while we look to employ an advisor.
There will be a Young Persons Advisor at the Youth Hub at The Hive once a month.
Please see the links for more information
https://bit.ly/3NokcJy Link to book an appt
https://bit.ly/3XsxDwL More info about the hub here