This is a working document to show progression in resources to support stories across the school. The literature suggested in the table below are linked to the theme for the half term. Teachers can select 1 or more resources from the list to study each half term.
Teachers are encouraged to write their own stories, tailored to the needs of their group. Base these on the texts listed in the semi-formal/formal text document for the appropriate age range. Add text to this document and resources to the server.
- BB Bag Books – available in school, stored in the library. Work well with all age ranges
- BB DIY – story outline and resource list on the server – pre-formal texts, teachers need to source props
- JG – Joanna Grace – some available in school in the library, some will need to be ordered and props collected – please let NS know if you want to order. Particularly suitable for older pupils
- SM – story massages from Once Upon a Touch – available in school and on server
- RMSS – https://www.rhymingmultisensorystories.com/ story outline and resource list on server -teachers need to source props.
- Gives pupils an experience of poetry and rhyme.
- KP – call and response resource, works well with a resonance board or Clonker boards. Works well with mixed ability groups. Stories from Shakespeare, classical texts and from many cultures
- QFL – Northern Ireland Quest for learning units – some contain stories, some have suggestions of themes that could be worked in to stories
- VOE – we will write sensory stories in school