Vale of Evesham School Outreach is a service provided by Vale of Evesham School Nursery Assessment Class on behalf of Pre-school Forum, working with Worcestershire Children’s First (SEND local offer)
The Outreach Support has close links with other agencies including:
- Health professionals working within the local authority
- Worcestershire Children First Inclusion team and Area SENCos
- Speech and Language therapists
- Early Years practitioners working within nurseries across Wychavon.
Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School Nursery is Kelly Pearce. Kelly also co-ordinates Vale of Evesham School Outreach.
- Kelly Pearce (Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School) – email@example.com
- Sara Agg (Lead Outreach Practitioner) – firstname.lastname@example.org
The outreach team provides a range of support over a six-to-eight-week period either visiting the mainstream setting weekly, either in person or via zoom at an agreed time, when the child is attending nursery. They work alongside the key worker offering:
- Support with target setting, next steps, strategies and planning to support the referred learner within their setting.
- Model best practice and appropriate strategies for a range of children with SEND within their mainstream setting.
- Liaise closely with a variety of professionals, including speech and language therapists, head teachers, schools SENDCo’s, Nursery staff and attend team around the child meetings.
- Feedback and meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and next steps.
- Liaise with the pre-school forum on progress made by referred children.
- Deliver any appropriate training to the mainstream setting’s staff.
- Signpost and support mainstream setting’s staff to appropriate resources and support.
- Information and support on mainstream school including attending transition meetings in preparation of moving up to school
Vale of Evesham School Outreach Liaison
What is Outreach Liaison support?
Vale of Evesham School Outreach Liaison is provided by the specialist Vale of Evesham School Nursery Assessment Class working together with our partner early years settings to offer a collaborative approach in supporting children with an additional need that attends our Nursery Assessment Class.
If a child attends the Vale of Evesham School Nursery on a split place and also attends a mainstream setting our Outreach Liaison practitioner will work with the early years setting to:
- meet once a term to
- Share assessments and targets
- Support with strategies in supporting behaviour, communication and thinking skills
- Arrange TAC meetings for settings and family to discuss progress.
- Arrange key workers to visit and observe child in specialist nursery.
- Liaise and support with resources and activities to meet the needs of each child.
For more information contact:
Kelly Pearce (Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School) – email@example.com
Charlene Turner (Outreach Liaison Practitioner) – firstname.lastname@example.org