Vale of Evesham School Outreach is a service provided by Vale of Evesham School on behalf of Worcestershire Children First and Pre-school Forum, working with Worcestershire Children’s First (SEND local offer)
This year we are supporting 15 children and their families via Outreach. These children have been assigned by Pre School Forum.
The Outreach Support has close links with other agencies including:
- Health professionals working within the local authority
- Speech and Language therapists
- PD Outreach
- Early Years practitioners working within nurseries across Wychavon.
Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School is Kelly Pearce. Kelly also co-ordinates Vale of Evesham School Outreach.
- Kelly Pearce (Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Agg (Lead Outreach Practitioner) – email@example.com
- Charlene Turner (Outreach Liaison Practitioner) – firstname.lastname@example.org
The outreach team provides a range of support. The identified children will have a block of support over six sessions either visiting the mainstream setting, either in person or via zoom at an agreed time. There will also be a team around the child meeting, three other Outreach visits over the year.
Outreach work alongside the key workers and SENDCos offering:
- Support with target setting, next steps, strategies and planning to support the referred learner within their setting.
- Model best practice and appropriate strategies for a range of children with SEND within their mainstream setting.
- Liaise closely with a variety of professionals, including speech and language therapists, head teachers, schools SENDCo’s, Nursery staff and attend team around the child meetings
- Feedback and meet with parents to discuss the children’s progress and next steps.
- Liaise with the pre-school forum on progress made by the referred children and give recommendations on levels of support needed on entry to school.
- Signpost and support mainstream setting’s staff to appropriate resources and support.
- Information and support on mainstream school including attending transition meetings in preparation of moving up to school
If the children are not attending a pre school setting we support in the home working along other professionals where possible.
For more information contact:
Kelly Pearce (Head of Early Years at Vale of Evesham School) – email@example.com
Charlene Turner (Outreach Liaison Practitioner) – firstname.lastname@example.org